I am happy to inaugurate Ten on Tuesday* with a Thanksgiving post. Ten things I am thankful for. In no particular order.
1. Family and friends. The people in my life who lift me up, keep me sane, make me laugh, inspire me, believe in me…
2. Health. I have good genes, good luck, and good health care. And I know not everyone does.
3. Challenges. They come to us all and, if we work at it, they help us grow.
4. Tea. Because it is one of life’s simple pleasures and a lovely small ritual.
5. Books. A not so simple pleasure that entertains, educates, distracts, and moves me.
6. Animals. The ones who live in my house and the ones I see outside.
7. Food. I’m claiming this one because eating good food is a legitimate pleasure!
8. Laughter. Mine and yours.
9. Electricity. Really after derechos, ice storms and hurricanes how can any 21st century dweller not appreciate the juice that makes our lives possible?
10. Knitting. (You didn’t really think I would leave this out, did you?) I could fill a list with all the things about knitting for which I am thankful. Suffice it to say I am thankful that I get to spend my time creating with fiber and working with other fiber people.
*Thanks to Carole for the inspiration.